C. Community Engagement
- Develop an inclusive, welcoming organizational culture that respects diversity
- Seek to engage people who are representative of the community in which the land trust works and foster opportunities to connect them with the land
- Develop an understanding of the land trust’s community, and communicate the land trust’s work, services and impact in a manner that resonates with and engages that community
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with community leaders and other groups interacting with the land trust community
- a) When applicable, engage with local Indigenous communities to discuss how traditional knowledge and practices can inform the land trust’s programs and activities.